With the ELD mandate due date for commercial vehicles looming, Progressive and its agents are making it a little easier to switch to electronic logging through their Smart Haul Program.
Truckers who are already insured through Progressive (whether direct or through First American Insurance Agency) may qualify for free use of an ELD if they meet the following criteria:
Eligibility Criteria Checklist
- Are you a Progressive customer?* (i.e. is your insurance carrier Progressive, even if your local agent is First American?) Yes/No
- Do you maintain paper logs? Yes/No
- Does your policy have at least one vehicle with model year 2000 or newer with an available diagnostic (OBD) port? Yes/No
- Are you willing to share your driving data with Progressive?**
- Does at least one vehicle that satisfies criteria (2) above have a primary liability coverage in your policy? Yes/No
If you don’t already have your own ELD and you meet the above requirements, you’ll be provided with an ELD from a partner vendor and Progressive will pay for the monthly service fees for as long as you remain a customer in good standing and share your driving data.** If you choose to opt out or cancel your coverage, the ELD must be returned.
If you’ve already purchased a Rand McNally ELD 50 or DC 200, you may be eligible to receive up to $500*** in compensation by offering your driving data.
Contact us today to start your enrollment before the October 31, 2017 deadline, or for answers to your questions. We’re here to help.
*The offer is available to new and existing Progressive customers for a limited time. Progressive reserves the right to change or discontinue the program at any time. Additional conditions may apply. Not available in all states and situations.
**The data collected will be aggregated for statistical purposes only and will not impact customers’ Progressive insurance premiums.
***The Compensation Smart Haul Program is good through 11:59pm October 31, 2017. Customers must have activated their devices, had the activation verified, and secured primary commercial liability insurance from Progressive by this time to receive the offer. Additional terms apply.