Business/Commercial Insurance Claims
- Make sure everyone is safe.
- Protect your property from further damage and take necessary steps to prevent safety risks.
- Keep track of any other expenses you incur because of the loss. Some or all of these expenses may be reimbursable under your policy.
- Prepare an inventory of all business property destroyed, damaged or stolen as a result of the loss. Show the quantity, description, actual cash value and amount of loss for each item. Attach all pertinent invoices, bills, and documents that substantiate the figures in the inventory. Attach photographs or owner’s manuals that will help confirm the value of listed items.
- Retain any damaged property.
- If the claim involves a product or tangible item, do not dispose of or destroy it. Protect it in a safe place until it can be inspected.
- Collect any information that may be of assistance in investigating the claim, such as witness information, records maintained, etc.
- Report your business insurance claim right away.